In the Summer Music Project, we will present our students with the chance to experience the making of a robust Music Project from beginning to end.
In this project, students ages 8+ will learn how to:
- Play an instrument in a band of their peers
- Create and record a song
- Write skits
- Edit audio and video like the pro’s
- Collaborate to create a music video
We will be using computers not as a replacement for in person contact, but as a creative, educational tool we can use to learn FUN and valuable skills!
The MJS Summer Music Project IS FOR YOU IF:
- You want your student(s) to maintain healthy, ongoing interaction with their peers through our current difficult social climate.
- You are looking for a fun, creative, educational experience for your student this summer that isn’t your typical (boring) online learning experience.
- You are looking to support a creative arts small business that’s determined to serve up the absolute best in Music Education – no matter what.
- You want your kid to have fun while learning valuable music technology skills.
It’s NOT for you if:
- Your student is under the age of 8 or unable to navigate basic computer operations with limited hands-on guidance. (Remote guidance will be provided, but students should be skilled readers, familiar with how to open a program, navigate between windows, operate volume, etc.)
- Your student can’t commit to a set schedule of 1.5 hours daily for one entire week.
- Your student is not a good team player. Our student collaborators will be working together all week to create a Music Project that depends on the reliability and positivity of its members.
We will start with a piece of music written by the students, then record it to our liking as a band! Our students will learn and participate in the exact same process the pro’s use to record and edit their audio. We will complete the concept of the piece by creating a matching video- a true chance to use our imagination for abstract ideas and a commitment to seeing a project through with other student collaborators.
MJS Summer Music Project begins MONDAY, JUNE 22 and runs from 10:30am-12pm each day. It’s possible we’ll add a PM session from 2pm-3:30pm, given the need with # of signups.
- $197 per student
- $295 per household *MJS Member & Early Bird discounts do not apply to this option*
- 1.5 hours of live online instruction each day (40 min audio collaboration time, 10 min social time, 40 min video collaboration time)
- A single 1 on 1 half-hour lesson per student on their instrument
- You’ll receive the complete, finalized, edited music video file to KEEP